Shop Indie Bookstores

Sunday, August 06, 2006

A Disorder Peculiar to the Country

Both of these are UK versions; I can't find an image of the US release.

At first I liked the simplicity of the 1st jacket. Here's a one-sentence description of the book; consider if the cover makes sense. (I think it does):

To each other's regret, both Marshall and Joyce survived 9/11. But it looks unlikely that they will survive the apparently endless war of their divorce.

I don't like this as much as I once did, however, because something about it makes it look more like a T-shirt than a book cover. (Call me out on this one, BTW -- I've had way too much sun this weekend.)



Here's the second version:



This certainly caught my eye, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I've seen this style (or something very similar) before. And then I remembered:


The Lethem book is by the ridiculously talented Jonathan Gray.

No comments: