Shop Indie Bookstores

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Make Room! Make Room!

Design by Jamie Stafford-Hill

Last month we looked at some inventive covers from sci-fi publisher Gollancz. Today, blatantly stolen from Boing Boing --here's their post-- is Tor's new edition of Make Room! Make Room!, which is the basis for the movie Soylent Green. Love the photoillustration, but especially appreciate the tight kerning on the author name and title. In an overpopulated future, even letters will be smashed together.


Buy this book from Amazon.com

8 comments:

Austin Kleon said...

Awesome cover!

Pablo Defendini said...

This is indeed a great cover. The designer is our own amazing Jamie Stafford-Hill.

Ian Koviak said...

I can dig it.
But I like it more on individual aspects than as a entire piece.

What is that image anyway?

Joseph said...

@Pablo: Thanks for the info!

Joseph said...

@Pablo: What are the source images? Would love to know...

Anonymous said...

@joseph, @thebookdesigner: it's an aerial shot of new york city (stock), where the story takes place. empire state building is visible above ISON on the right, east river is at bottom left.

Anonymous said...

I love that it doesn't advertise itself as having been made into a film. I love books, I love film. I can even love film based on books, but I don't like when a book tries to make it like they are the same thing.

Anonymous said...

Love the cover, perfect the subject.
I have had the pleasure of meeting Harry Harrison, twice now. Gentle man.
Beky, Melbourne, Australia